While we may all be able to share the many ways 2020 has brought tough times and hardships on us all, but in those times, I believe it's when we have the opportunity to learn the most. I know I am not the person I was at the beginning of this year. I have been stretched to a point where I have literally thrown my hands up in surrender to God. I am sharing these lessons with the hope that it will cause you to sit and think of the lessons you've learned and how they will help you show up to be a better person in your life.
1. Tomorrow is promised to no one. Stop waiting until "tomorrow" to have the talk, make the move, or do the task.
2. Rest is important, and burn out is real.
3. The only things I can control are my attitude and the effort I put into something.
4. We make time for what and who and what we want in our lives.
5. Stay true to who God called you to be, and He will open doors for you.
6. Lighten up. Laugh, dance, cry, and eat the cookie every once in a while. It's okay to get off schedule sometimes.
7. You can be sad one moment then happy the next (and vice versa).
8. God REALLY is always on time.
9. Do things because you want to, not because you want something in return.
10. Learning dances on Tik Tok is hard.
11. Being vulnerable is not easy, but it's necessary for relationships of any kind to flourish.
12. The hardest person to forgive is probably the person who stares back at you when you look in the mirror.