20 Things I Learned or was Reminded of in 2020
While we may all be able to share the many ways 2020 has brought tough times and hardships on us all, but in those times, I believe it's when we have the opportunity to learn the most. I know I am not the person I was at the beginning of this year. I have been stretched to a point where I have literally thrown my hands up in surrender to God. I am sharing these lessons with the hope that it will cause you to sit and think of the lessons you've learned and how they will help you show up to be a better person in your life.
1. Tomorrow is promised to no one. Stop waiting until "tomorrow" to have the talk, make the move, or do the task.
2. Rest is important, and burn out is real.
3. The only things I can control are my attitude and the effort I put into something.
4. We make time for what and who and what we want in our lives.
5. Stay true to who God called you to be, and He will open doors for you.
6. Lighten up. Laugh, dance, cry, and eat the cookie every once in a while. It's okay to get off schedule sometimes.
7. You can be sad one moment then happy the next (and vice versa).
8. God REALLY is always on time.
9. Do things because you want to, not because you want something in return.
10. Learning dances on Tik Tok is hard.
11. Being vulnerable is not easy, but it's necessary for relationships of any kind to flourish.
12. The hardest person to forgive is probably the person who stares back at you when you look in the mirror.
13. The gas tank on your dashboard has an arrow that tells what side it's on.
14. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
15. A relationship with Jesus will open your eyes, ears, and heart with the wisdom and knowledge you need to make good decisions.
16. If you don't face your fears, they will hold you back.
17. Your children really do get older and become less dependent on you. It's both sad and freeing at the same time.
18. You have to relinquish control or the idea of it. Learn to be flexible and pivot.
19. Have tough conversations, because they are necessary for growth.
20. There are great things that happen, and not so great things that happen. What we focus on becomes bigger. We have the choice in our perspective of everything.
Of course, I could list more. Some were random, and some were life lessons I will carry with me. I hear so many people talking about how they can't wait for 2021 to get here. But, the reality is, the new year is only a change on the calendar date. New year, new you? Probably not...unless you've made the decision to take a good look at your life-- the ups, and the downs, and use the lessons as moments to spark growth and change. What have you learned that will help you grow?
Please share this post. And, as always, thank you so much for taking time to visit my website.
Happy New Year, God loves you. 😊